CreaMed is a transnational alliance of 11 partners from 8 countries aimed at fostering Creativity & Innovation in all Mediterranean regions at both public and private level, for ensuring regional Sustainable Development. The CreaMED Alliance encourages mutual policy learning, synergies and cooperation in order to constitute a framework for developing Regional Innovation Policies in the MED Area.
Our strategic goal is to align public Innovation Policies in the MED area for ensuring that their implementation is performed in accordance and coherence with EU priorities. The actions foreseen to be implemented are expected to boost the Mediterranean Industry and contribute to the consolidation of the European Knowledge Economy. To this end, a sound Alliance of key Mediterranean actors in the field of Innovation promotion has been brought together for transferring knowledge and methodologies about Creativity & Innovation among public and private bodies. The reinforcement of the MED business innovation potential will contribute to the growth, prosperity and sustainability of the regions, leading in the long-term the business – and particularly the SMEs – at the forefront of EU in terms of competitiveness.
MED programme and funding
MED Αxis 1: Strengthening innovation capacities Objective 1.2: Strengthening strategic cooperation between economic development actors and public authorities
CreaMED Fostering Creativity and Innovation in the Mediterranean Area as key elements for Regional Sustainable Development: CreaMED Alliance
Total Budget: 1.300.000 EUR
Duration: 06/2010 – 05/2012
Funding: 75% ERDF / 25% National contribution
The most important results to be produced throughout the project duration:
- Regional Analysis of Innovation Systems within the Mediterranean regions involved and a Set of Recommendations and Improvement Measures for Policy Makers aimed to achieve the maximum impact, prepared by the partnership.
- 10 Policy Makers Workshops in all partners regions aimed at transferring and exchanging knowledge among public entities devoted to the promotion of Creativity and Innovation to the Mediterranean SMEs. They are considered an excellent frame to commit regional stakeholders to work on their Regional Innovation System.
- Α CreaMED Open Book including the main conclusions, observations and lessons learnt during the workshops.
- 100 SMEs Pilot Experiences (10 per region involved). The objectives of these Pilots are:
- to help SMEs learn about the most relevant creativity techniques to be used inside their companies;
- to help SMEs integrate Creativity and Innovation in their management systems, by developing appropriate structures;
- to train “creative leaders” who will introduce and implement these innovation procedures in their companies
- An International Conference on Creativity & Innovation aimed at presenting the results achieved in the frame of the project and offering room for discussion among public authorities, policy makers, experts on creativity, innovation centres and SMEs on the issues of Creativity and Innovation.